December 9, 2008

blueberry baby

Well, that's about the size of our little one right now...

Our family will welcome a new family member this July! Mom and Dad are happy, the can't-wait-until-the-baby-comes siblings are ecstatic, and friends and family celebrate with us.

As I reflect on this season, I personally cannot imagine a visitation from an angelic being to announce my pregnancy :: seeing the two lines on that stick was enough of a celestial experience. And the news would have crushed Mary's world and dreams, brought on doubts and serious concerns, and surely, surely...made her afraid. My experience is so radically different and there is really no comparison.

Except for one possibly.

She celebrated God's work, and gave thanks to Him. My heart and thoughts echo those voiced so long ago--"My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior"!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...