December 11, 2008

adoration

Thank you so much for the congratulations and blessings!

In the spirit of the psalm that continually repeats the phrase 'his love endures forever', with a different expression, I offer my reflections on this week:

O Come All Ye Faithful
Joyful and triumphant,
O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem.
Come and behold Him,
Born the King of Angels;
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ the Lord!
O Come, let us adore Him.
Lord, even when morning {um, all day!} sickness seems to be taking over my days
O Come, let us adore Him.
When my newly turned 3-yr old decided this week to throw all toothbrushes into the toilet and ransack his sister's room just a little
O Come, let us adore Him.
As I await with my oldest the results of her first college semester efforts and continue to offer direction and vision
O Come, let us adore Him.
As I explain to our 10-yr old again and again how to convert an improper fraction into a mixed number, and she says she understands, but we begin afresh the next day {and I work at keeping patience as a close friend}
O Come, let us adore Him.
When the offended sister of little brother's ransacking decides to retaliate in like manner
O Come, let us adore Him!


In all situations, where ever I find myself at the moment...Lord, teach me to see You. To adore You in the midst of it all. Isn't this too a part of the Christmas account?
A smelly and untidy stable, which in reality was more a cave-like dwelling than the fancy barn depicted in our nativity scenes...strange men, full of exuberance & motivated by angelic visitation, invading the privacy of a newlywed couple adjusting to the early hours of parenting...maybe all wasn't as silent as we sing about and yet...


They all worshipped you. Recognized you in the midst of the chaos and the random events of that day...the shepherds sought you out until they found you. They came to adore you.


May I respond likewise.

O Come, let me adore Him!

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...