July 14, 2008

30 Days of Food :: 2

Yes! Back on track with the food theme I intended to start almost two weeks ago. Thank you for the prayers for health; my hand is much, much better and so I've been in the kitchen trying
out a few recipes.
Sunday we enjoyed this scrumptious pasta salad for lunch. Light, yet filling. I'm always on the lookout for ideas that will have us eating nutrient-packed ingredients in a way the children will also enjoy. One of my biggies is spinach, since it's just so good for our bodies! I try and add it several dishes :: scrambled eggs, green salads, etc. So when I caught sight of this dish, it was worth a try. Delicious!
Spinach Chicken Salad
5 cups cubed, cook chicken (about 3 breasts)
2 c. graped, halved (red makes it pretty)
1 c. snow peas
2 c. torn spinach
2-1/2 sliced celery
7 oz. corkscrew pasta, cooked and drained
1/2 lg. cucumber, sliced
3 green onions, sliced
Dressing:
1/2 cup of your favorite oil (veg, olive, canola, etc)
1/4 c. sugar or use a sugar substitute
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 TBsp. fresh parsley
Mix everything for the salad. Add the dressing to the salad a few minutes before eating it so the sugar has time to dissolve. Enjoy!
On the menu was also Grilled Corn with hoisin butter :: sounds fancy, but was actually simple and we had the ingredients handy. I have many ingredients handy {sheepish grin here}. The corn was tasty and yes, had an Asian flare; just not sure that we'll repeat this one. We'll see.




Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...