April 28, 2008

Less Than 30 School Days....

....until graduation!! Hello once again everyone, it's Jackie the senior here.
Yes, only a precious few more days of this side of my educational journey. A few more busy days as well! There are exams coming up, end of the year activities, grad practices and all of the like. It's a full month and somewhere in there my family also has stuff going on--Mother's Day plans and our my dad's annual extended family reunion. So, it's going to be a fun time as you can tell!

I've been getting a little tired of everyone asking me what I'm doing after high school. Specifically, where am I going to college and what am I studying?? {sigh}

Now, don't get me wrong, I want to go and have a sketch of a plan, but the pressure to 'have it all together' is a bit much. Fortunately, my parents & I are of the viewpoint that I don't have to figure it all out before September! Right now, their strong encouragement is that I finish well. Then, take a breath over the summer and start some general courses in the fall...all the while pausing, thinking, praying and discerning. I think I'll do that! This summer I'm especially excited to have a part in the musical The King and I at a local theatre; Janelle got a part as well, so get to share that together.

On another note, Mom and I are busy talking & sharing about plans for the upcoming celebrations, namely my grad party and my blessing party. In our home at age 13, 18 (which I'll be this summer!!) & before we get married (which is NOT on my agenda right now) we have a time of blessing with our parents and other significant adults who have been people of influence in our lives. My 2nd round of blessing is coming up and besides my dad who will be there at the beginning, it's all women involved.

I plan to make it very feminine and full of pastels (because I still love the color pink), and am browsing through magazines for ideas. See the pics--either of these might be a style for the invitations. We've already contacted the about 10-13 women who are invited to 'save the date', but haven't sent out formal invites yet. What do you think?

above: the one on the left with the ribbon & twigs?

below: this one in pastels?


The blessing party is at the end of June & will be in our home, so I'm also thinking of decorating some with florals....we thought this was a cool idea to do around the ceiling, except that the word would NOT be 'fairy'!!


Well, it's time to make up our minds Mom says! So, I need to figure all that out.

My parents are also letting me have a drop-in party for friends at the end of May (volleyball, outdoor games, FOOD, and such), AND a brunch for our family members that come for the actual graduation event on June 5th. THREE special times of celebration...yeah!

So, instead of blogging--let me get to my party planning. See ya!
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...