January 30, 2008

A Note on Creativity

Yesterday I was contemplating my creative side. Actually I don't have a creative side per se, ALL of me is intensely and extremely driven to create, create, create. Research suggests that this is a trait of the intellectually gifted or the insane. Hmmm....you be the judge.

Anyway, my creativity bounces all over the map of interests and possibilities. This used to bother me very much until I learned to just accept the flow. I have maintained an interest in several things through the years such as cooking or scrapbooking, so there's a few brownie points for me! My latest and once again very intense pursuit is making felt cookies for the girls to play tea party. Well, and for my 2 yr old son as well. He can't stand the fact that the girls do anything without him. They are so simple and easy...and I had some leftover felt from {cough} a previous project.



It's basically just felt with some batting in the middle and I hand-sew the beads on with quilting thread so they stay put. The edges are blanket-stitched with embroidery thread. They can easily be washed when it comes time for that and I really am happy to finish a project so quickly! I know this is only a phase, but the girls are loving it.

On another note, gratitude today expressed for:

13. voices of my children as they happily play together
14. desire to reflect the creative flair that God imprinted on my soul
15. a precious email from an old friend
16. laughter in our home even in the midst of sickness


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...