August 28, 2008

Nature Exploration

Hi everyone! Jordyn reporting here...
I LOVE being outside and enjoy escaping out into the sunshine. Why be indoors?, ugh! So in our first week of official school, we've done a lot out of doors. Listening to Mom read, writing, just playing or looking for treasures for our nature table.
This week I found a cicada shell and had SO much fun scaring my sister with it!! It was the best! Which, of course, is not its purpose as Mom pointed out. Along with learning that my sister does not like bug-looking things, Mom showed me pictures of how cicadas shed their shell. I learned a new vocabulary word (molting) and found out that other animals like birds and snakes molt too!
Hmmm, I wonder if I can find a snake skin to use on my dear sister....

Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...