March 3, 2008

New Recipes

swap blogpost

Join in on the fun and contribute to a recipe swap this Thursday. All details here at this blog. I'm still thinking on which one I'll submit.

I've been in a bit of a cooking slump lately, mainly a grocery shopping slump! It's time for Spring and farmer's markets and roadside stands, which our area is very famous for. Until then I'll just plod along. Here is an excellent and delish pizza dish we enjoyed recently.


Deluxe Turkey Club Pizza

1 can refrig. pizza crust
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp lemon zest (I have substituted lemon juice in a pinch)
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
1 Tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil (yep, I've used dried)
4 oz. deli turkey breast, cut into 1 inch strips
6 strips bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 small plum tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese

Preheat oven to 425. Unroll dough and place on 13 inch pan; bake 10-12 minutes until light brown. Combine mayo & zest in small bowl; spread over crust. Top w/monterey jack cheese, basil, turkey, bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle swiss cheese on top. Bake 7-9 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...