October 29, 2009

so many projects, too little time

Creating and making things for some people may be a stress inducer, but for me it has the opposite effect.  So after a very full schedule last week, I decided to pour through the need-to-finish crafting list that actually never gets fully completed.  What to do, what to do!?

I finally chose a project that would require little effort since I was really supposed to be lying in bed due to flu-like symptoms.  Seen here first, it was one of those projects that got me off the chair and roaming around the house to gather supplies already found in various rooms.  A quick trip to rummage through my sticker stash for rub-on letters and voila!  A new centerpiece for the dining room.  These “grow in gratitude” glass containers will be around for a bit.  And to think I went to the Dayspring website just to send an online card!

       DSC_0004 DSC_0005

I used to reward myself with crafting time, you know, after everything else gets done (or close to it).  It took me a few years to realize that everything rarely ever gets done and that it was frustrating me greatly to not take time for this avenue of creativity.  So, that mentality got changed big-time.  Creating and crafting is now a part of my life more and a part of my schedule as well.  It’s not a special reward, but just what needs to be done like the dishes, cooking or lesson planning.

Most projects are for the family or our home in some way, so I see it as part of homemaking—I budget both time and finances for it, however big or small.  I am a happier woman!  And you know what they say about Mama being happy….


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...