October 15, 2009

autumn food planning

DSC_0149

There’s always a lot of planning happening around here, and organizing our lives is a major job in itself! One of my favorite parts is when there’s time to leisurely sit (okay, so it’s not all that relaxed) and make plans for our meals. Every once in while though, I feel that preparing & cooking has gotten into a rut :: or just survival mode as I’ve been in the last several weeks post-baby. I’m good with that, it was necessary.

Last week new cookbooks and magazines were taken out to peruse through and I became a little distracted by it all. Not much real meal planning got done. The grocery list remained short with just ‘mushrooms’ and ‘spinach’ as listed items. Ahem. But, it was loads of fun! Which of course makes it completely worthwhile in my book.

DSC_0150

Some gems that came my way~

:: A magazine from this company had my attention for most of the hour. I had no idea there were so many cookie molds available, though I won’t be purchasing any in the near future. Beautiful…

:: Rustic Fruit Desserts ~ our local library had this one and what a great cookbook! I really enjoy baking though sweets are not my favorite foodstuff (I’m more a savory type of gal). Lots of information on each berry and fruit for baking cobblers, buckles, crisps and more.

So I was rather unfocused as my family cannot live by cookies and fruit desserts alone. I did look through Simply in Season ~ not new to my shelves, but one that’s not been used for a bit. Great soup ideas here; we can live on that.

This time of year provides for some enjoyable meal plans, all of that great comfort food…yum.


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...