February 14, 2008

Valentines for My Loves

Happy Valentine's to each of you!

Because our anniversary is also in February, Valentine's Day is mainly spent treating the children to something a little extra and celebrating as a family. This year I decided to make the kids some whimsical and fun homemade gifts.

Umm, I decided this on Tuesday evening. After a scheduled Bible study was cancelled due to weather concerns. {go ahead, you can laugh}

Anyway, some cookies for everyone were the first item on the agenda. A new recipe tried that I'll post later: Chai Shortbread, oh so absolutely yummy. Josiah received animal crackers due to his allergy.


Since they all enjoy writing, drawing, and/or coloring, this was the theme. Jackie received six lovely white on white notecards. The flower border is a Martha Stewart punch from Michael's. I really like her stuff!


For Josiah and Janelle, I machine sewed some books together for them. It's simply heavy cardstock with printer paper on the inside. I sew them as not to risk staple cuts...we've had too many of those in the past. Josiah's got decorated with stickers and Janelle's nickname stamped on her two.

For Jordyn, I also made six small notecards. Circle punched an opening and then stamped the 'J' on the inside. Hers will probably be used up by tonight as she wastes no time in preserving things for the future.


Quick, simple projects that were easy to make.
And what of my dear spouse? the love of my life? Well, he is out of town. Our plans are postponed until the weekend. But, I am thinking of him....





Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...