September 22, 2010

needed reminders

Quotes worth remembering today...sharing with you ~
(a repost from the archives)


On the inside of my kitchen cabinets, I often place various quotes that inspire. Right now:



"Things which matter the most

must never be at the mercy

of things which matter the least." Goethe




"Though I am always in haste,

I am never in a hurry,

because I never undertake more work

than I can go through with calmness of spirit." John Wesley



Balance is when someone ~
senses a call on his life and says yes even when he feels unqualified

says no to something he's not called to, even though he might disappoint others

guards and protects her time with the Lord

refuses to allow food to become an idol

gives himself the gift of exercising several times per week

refuses to succumb to a busied, harried lifestyle

gives herself (and her children) enough time to get out the door

pushes himself beyond what's comfortable for the purpose of growth

is teachable and flexible

practices self-control

(from Focus on the Family magazine, March 2007)
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...