February 19, 2010

many are the plans

Oh, I had grand ideas for this week!  So proud was I of the snow days last week that provided for the pace of life to pause a little and for me to plan :: to write out all of my intentions, my vision of what our days should hold.

Not a bad thought naturally, necessary for living.

But I failed to check in along the way with the One who is the Master Planner.  And thus, my frustrations at the interruptions or at the list that remains unchecked grew.  Irritations that would have fallen off my mind before swelled & simmered in my heart. 

Finally, as the days progressed, I saw the faults in my attempt to run life totally on my own.  Again.

DSC_0002

“Many are the plans in a man's heart,
       but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.”  Proverbs 19:21

Those works ring true today, it’s His purpose that must rise above my own plans.  So I choose today to attempt to see it all through heaven’s lens!

photo:  four-year old’s coloring pencils left on the table

 


Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...