November 4, 2008

election day travels

For a visit to my in-laws!

Actually, my husband has a conference to speak at about 1/2 hr away from his parents. So, we're heading up further north and will leave the cherubs with them while we spend a few days surrounded by adult conversation, thought-provoking focus on education and uninterrupted meals! I do enjoy my children's company and I'm looking forward to allowing my in-laws to enjoy their company as well {grin, grin}.

And to be completely honest, their grandparents are quite happy to have me out of the picture :: a little more freedom for them as they love on & spoil a bit their 4 out of 5 grandchildren. I'm okay with that.

Happy Election Day! Consider a study on civics, government or presidents for your older ones:

The book D is for Democracy is excellent & covers many topics such as the election process, the constitution, the 3 branches of government, etc. A free study guide on this book can be found here.

Allow your child to vote today in the National Mock Election for Kids!
Track results tonight with this worksheet.

Compare & contrast some elements of the first inaugural address by Washington with the upcoming one this January. Use a Venn diagram to record observations. Use the same diagram to compare & contrast political parties.

Make your own election lapbook.

Browse and explore these sites: Ben's Guide to the US Government, Congress for Kids

Most importantly, share how God can direct the heart of a leader, any leader of a nation, for His purposes. Even difficult and obstinate ones such as the Pharaoh of Moses' day; and the ones who desired to do His will such as King Josiah or King David. So, we can trust in God more than we trust in man.

There are many more ideas and links out in cyber world I'm sure :: enjoy your week, I'll be back in this space this weekend.
Share/Save/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...